We hope this email finds you well. We are cordially inviting you to pre-register for our 2nd Annual Georgetown Cyclocross Festival that will take place on Saturday, November 9 and Sunday, November 10 in the beautiful city of Georgetown, just outside of Austin. Our weekend festival once again benefits our Youth/Junior Kids Program, Cyclocross Project 2015. Cyclocross Project 2015 was developed for youth and junior cyclist with the goal to participate in the 2015 Cyclocross Nationals which will be hosted in Austin, Texas in January 2015. By providing free clinics and training season to foster the next generation of cyclists we can help develop principles and values; good sportsmanship, attitude and teamwork among participants. We thank you in advance for your support and we promise you will have a great time! Please share with your friends and teammates.
Here’s what some racers from last year told us:
- Super course. I’m from Houston. This is the best course I’ve raced so far. This is my first season cross racing ever. Great job!!!!!!
- Great race. Especially the kids race.
- Thanks for the time and energy you spent putting on the race–organizing all the details and making it a fun event for everyone. And for raising funds for a cause that I value.
- Great city to have this event, many options for food, lodging and interment. Many thanks for the city of Georgetown for allowing this event to take place in their beautiful city. Will come again for this and similar events.
When: November 9 & 10, 2013
Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626, http://goo.gl/maps/
- Food Truck Vendors: IMPORTANT- Both Food Truck Vendors will give back portion of their sales to our CX Project 2015 Program. Please come hungry!!!
- Sony (electronic company) will bring an “Activation Station” to our race for both days, they will be demoing the latest gadgets which include an “Action Camera”, competition to “GoPro”. They will install a camera on your bike and you’ll be able race with it. Cool! All based on availability. The folks from Sony will them project the footage on their big-screen TV’s. Now that is really Cool!!
- All “KIDS” Youth and Junior Races are FREE!
- Bring the Family!
- Discounts Hotels in Georgetown just a few minutes away from the race-site.
- Many locally owned diners, barbeque joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more.
- Official South Central Collegiate Cycling Conference Race hosted by University of Texas Cycling Team.
- Free Coffee for all courtesy of Cianfrani Coffee Co.
- Fully Staff EMS Station.
- Registration table and bib pickup will start at 9am on Saturday, November 9th and at 7:30 on Sunday, November 10th.
- Late Registration will be $5 on top of the event entry fee.
- Onsite registration will close 45 min before the start of each race.
- Mellow Johnny’s Kids U10 Race on a separate course!
- Over $4,000 in Cash and Swag; Chrome Shoes, Bonk Breaker Bars, Hammer Product, Yakima Racks, Cyclocross Tires, Gloves, Gore Cycling Arm Warming and many more cool swag items.
- Yummy Bonk Breaker 1st Lap Primes for all Adult Races.
- ¼ mile of Sand with Bleacher Seating for Spectator!
- Run Up and 1.7 miles Twisty Fun!
Feel free to drop us a note if you have any questions or would like to sponsor our event. More details will be posted on our Georgetown Cyclocross Festival website at http://