Hello Texas Cyclocross Racers.
We hope this email finds you well. We are cordially inviting you to pre-register for our 3rd Annual Georgetown Cyclocross Festival that will take place on Saturday, November 8th and Sunday, November 9th in the beautiful city of Georgetown, just outside of Austin. Our weekend festival once again benefits our Youth/Junior Kids Program, Cyclocross Project 2015. Cyclocross Project 2015 was developed for youth and junior cyclist with the goal to participate in the 2015 Cyclocross Nationals which will be hosted in Austin, Texas in January 2015. By providing free clinics and training season to foster the next generation of cyclists we can help develop principles and values; good sportsmanship, attitude and teamwork among participants. We thank you in advance for your support and we promise you will have a great time! Please share with your friends and teammates.
RACE SCHEDULE: Saturday and Sunday race schedule are the same, first race of the day will be at 10am. Race flyer.
Onsite Registration will be limited as categories are filling up! Don’t miss your chance, register online.
Here’s what some racers from last year told us:
- Super course. I’m from Houston. This is the best course I’ve raced so far. This is my first season cross racing ever. Great job!!!!!!
- Great race. Especially the kids race.
- Thanks for the time and energy you spent putting on the race–organizing all the details and making it a fun event for everyone. And for raising funds for a cause that I value.
- Great city to have this event, many options for food, lodging and interment. Many thanks for the city of Georgetown for allowing this event to take place in their beautiful city. Will come again for this and similar events.
Here are the details for this year:
- When: November 8 & 9, 2014
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626, http://goo.gl/maps/
- Register: https://www.bikereg.
- Food Truck Vendors: Wholly Kabob will returning this year again on both days!
- FREE ClifBar Recovery Smoothies from 2-3pm on Saturday & Sunday.
- Nuun Hydration and *Nuunaritas all day!
- Beer Garden! All registered racers over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing beer from Austin Beerworks. Many thanks to Team Super Awesome for the support!
- All “KIDS” Youth and Junior Races are FREE!
- Bring the Family!
- Downtown 2nd Saturday Celebration.
- Lots of city attractions for all ages.
- Discounts Hotels in Georgetown just a few minutes away from the race-site.
- Many locally owned diners, barbeque joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more.
- Official South Central Collegiate Cycling Conference Race hosted by University of Texas Cycling Team.
- Free Coffee for all courtesy of Cianfrani Coffee Co.
- Fully Staff EMS Station.
- Registration table and bib pickup will start at 8am on both Saturday, November 8th and on Sunday, November 9th.
- Late Registration will be $5 on top of the event entry fee.
- Onsite registration will close 30 min before the start of each race. Onsite Registration will be limited as categories are filling up and races will have a cap! Don’t miss your chance, register online.
*must have a valid ID to enter the beer garden!
- NEW & SUPER COOL: Chip (RFID) Timing with Lap Time Results! We will award fastest last lap for all categories!
- NEW: Pro Race Announcer by Logan, BigMouth Announcing.
- FREE Junior and Youth races courtesy of Cyclocross Project 2015!
- Over $3,350 in Cash and Lots of Swag; from Clif Bar, Nuun, Kali Helmets, Nutcase Helmets and many more cool swag items.
- NEW: Railroad Tie Run-up!
- 250 ft of Sand with Bleacher Seating for Spectator!
- Stair Run Up and 1.7 miles Twisty Fun!
Feel free to drop us a note if you have any questions or would like to sponsor our event. More details will be posted on our Georgetown Cyclocross Festival website at http://