Hello Texas Cyclocross Racers.
We are exited to have you at our 3rd Annual Georgetown Cyclocross Festival that will take place on Saturday, November 8th and Sunday, November 9th in the beautiful city of Georgetown, just outside of Austin. Our weekend festival once again benefits our Youth/Junior Kids Program, Cyclocross Project 2015. See important details for the weekend below.
- RACE SCHEDULE: Saturday and Sunday race schedule are the same, first race of the day will be at 10am. Race flyer.
- Detour to get to the race site, only on Saturday, November 8th between 8-9:30am, the Jameson 5K , we will experience a detour to get to the McMaster Athletic Complex. Please follow the below directions to get faster to our race site. If you plan on arriving after 9:30am, following the directions from your mapping devise to our race site, http://goo.gl/maps/
IDqiS. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Race bib and Results placement:
- Bibs will pinned on the right side for Saturday races and on the left side for Sunday races (course will be alternating direction on Sunday)
- This year we will be using RFID Tags (chip timing). The tags have been placed on the bib number. If you are racing the same race for both days, you will use the same bib. Please, do not mush your bib as you may ruin the RFID tag. If you lose or forget to bring your tag for the second day, you may get a 2nd for $10 or race without an RFID tag.
- Results will provided to USAC Chief Referee or Promoter immediately after each race. These results will be considered “unofficial results” and will be posted on the result tent/board. Within 15-20 minutes USAC Chief Referee will provide any changes to the results to promoter and an updated “official results” will be posted on the result tent/board immediately after that.
- When: November 8 & 9, 2014
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626, http://goo.gl/maps/
- Register: https://www.bikereg.
- Food Truck Vendors: Wholly Kabob will returning this year again on both days!
- FREE ClifBar Recovery Smoothies from 2-3pm on Saturday & Sunday.
- Nuun Hydration and *Nuunaritas all day!
- Beer Garden! All registered racers over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing beer from Austin Beerworks. Many thanks to Team Super Awesome for the support!
- All “KIDS” Youth and Junior Races are FREE!
- Bring the Family!
- Airfest – Georgetown: Come out to the Georgetown Airport for the fifth annual Georgetown Airfest on November 8, 2014 from 12:00 noon to 5 p.m. More details at https://airfest.georgetown.org/
- Downtown 2nd Saturday Celebration.
- Lots of city attractions for all ages.
- Discounts Hotels in Georgetown just a few minutes away from the race-site.
- Many locally owned diners, barbeque joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more.
- Official South Central Collegiate Cycling Conference Race hosted by University of Texas Cycling Team.
- Free Coffee for all courtesy of Cianfrani Coffee Co.
- Fully Staff EMS Station.
- Registration table and bib pickup will start at 8am on both Saturday, November 8th and on Sunday, November 9th.
- Late Registration will be $5 on top of the event entry fee.
- Onsite registration will close 30 min before the start of each race. Onsite Registration will be limited as categories are filling up and races will have a cap! Don’t miss your chance, register online.
*must have a valid ID to enter the beer garden!
- NEW & SUPER COOL: Chip (RFID) Timing with Lap Time Results! We will award fastest last lap for all categories!
- NEW: Pro Race Announcer by Logan, BigMouth Announcing.
- FREE Junior and Youth races courtesy of Cyclocross Project 2015!
- Over $3,350 in Cash and Lots of Swag; from Clif Bar, Nuun, Kali Helmets, Nutcase Helmets and many more cool swag items.
- NEW: Railroad Tie Run-up!
- 250 ft of Sand with Bleacher Seating for Spectator!
- Stair Run Up and 1.7 miles Twisty Fun!