2016 Texas State Skill and Age Based Cyclocross Championship
We are super excited to host the 2016 Texas State Skill and Age Based Cyclocross Championship in beautiful, Georgetown, Texas! Below are some important details for you to consider as you work on planning attending our event. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
- Date: November 19 & 20, 2016
- Race Flyer: View Race Flyer
- Course Map: See the course map art, all restrooms, parking, sand & bike pit and yes, we will have a Updated Flyover*, yes, this time is a go! It will have stairs on one side, 20 ‘ platform and 32’ long exit ramp flushed to the ground! Take a look. *The following categories course will not use the flyover; U15, U10 and Kids Ride.
- Register: https://www.bikereg.com/txcxstate2016
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626.
- All Category winners will take home the Texas State 2016 Champions Jersey! We will be awarding the Texas State CX Champion Jersey during our podiums. Beside the traditional categories associated with TXCX, we have added the Women 40+ open, Women Cat 3 & Cat 4. If you registered and need to change your category due to upgrade, please contact the promoter before the pre-registration closes on Thursday, November 17th. This will allow you to be included in the call-up.
- Great Swag: We will also have great swag prizes courtesy of our fantastic sponsors; Nuun Hydration, Viva La Bicicleta, Clif Bar, Coover Caramels Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee and many more.
- Safety First! Fully Staff EMS Station.
RACE WEEKEND DETAILS:
- Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Party: Come help us celebrate the 2016 Austin Cyclocross Series. All awards will be presented at our top Austin Cyclocross Cup Series winners and we will celebrate the great season with a pint of beer at our friends at Rentsch Brewery, in Georgetown, Texas on, November 19th. This event is kid friendly, Rentsch Brewery has lots of games, please bring them. We will have a live band, hors d’oeuvre, a food truck will be onsite and you will be able to purchase all tasty beverages Rentsch Brewery has to offer! Please RSVP to help us plan adequately.
- Where to stay: We have many options, however make your reservation ASAP! Details available at, http://georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com/what-to-do-in-georgetown/
- Food Truck Vendor: We will have a local favorite, Hello Sweetie BBQ on both days. Based on great feedback, they will have an updated menu with lighter options and vegetarian dishes. All and his team will have breakfast, BBQ and vegetarian options available! https://www.facebook.com/HelloSweetieBBQ
- Fresh Coffee made by our friends at Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee.
- ClifBar family products will be onsite! Sample the latest ClifBar, Clif Kid and Luna Bars on Saturday & Sunday.
- CliBar Arts & Craft: ClifBar will have a station where you will be able to create your customize Clif Trucker hat. This event will be limited to the first 150 participants. It will start on Saturday, October 8th at 11am and will end when they exhaust all hats. Make sure to get their early.
- Beer Garden! All registered racers and their guest over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing beer by the Austin Cyclocross Cup title sponsor, Rentsch Brewery which is 1.75 miles away from the race-site!!!
- Neutral Mechanic Onsite: Mellow Johnnys Bicycle Shop will be onsite to support any mechanic needs to keep you on the race!
- All Junior Racers will be part of the Austin Cyclocross Cup Scholarship Program presented by Clif Kid Race for FREE! All races associated with our Austin Cyclocross Cup will subsidies, “free” entries to all junior/youth racers and will have a consistent schedule so that parents who also race can have a balance schedule and will be encouraged to bring their kiddos.
- Face Painters for all kids… & some adults! On Saturday, November 19th we will have face painter for kids between 10:30 am-12:30pm. Bring the Family!
- Sand toys at the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival Beach: We will have our sand toys out for the kiddos to be artistic this year again!
- Bring the Family! Get your holiday shopping at the Downtown Market. https://visit.georgetown.org/2nd-saturday-market-days/
- What to do in Georgetown during the race weekend? Lots of city attractions for all ages, https://visit.georgetown.org/attractions/
- Where to eat in Georgetown: Many locally owned diners, barbecue joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more at https://visit.georgetown.org/dining/.