Join Us This Weekend!
For 2016, the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival presented by Clif Bar & Wahoo Fitness is proud to be the Austin Cyclocross Cup & The Texas Bicycle Racing Association Cyclocross Grand Prix Series Opener. We have been working hard to make sure the Georgetown Cyclocross Festival is one of the best events in our great State of Texas!
Below are some important details for you to consider as you work on planning attending our event. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
- Date: October 8 & 9, 2016
- Race Flyer: View Race Flyer
- Course Map: See the course map art, all restrooms, parking, sand & bike pit and yes, we will have a Flyover*! It will have stairs on one side and drop ramp on the other!!! Take a look. *The following categories course will not use the flyoover; U15, U10 and Kids Ride.
- Register Online: https://www.bikereg.com/gtcxfest
- Onsite “Late” Registration: Onsite registration will close 30 minutes prior to each race start. $10 late fee will be applied.
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626.
- Prize Purse List: Beside equal purse to the Men P/1/2 & Women P/1/2/3, the Women Cat 3 will race with the P/1/2 however they will have a NEW separate reward for top 3, Women Cat 3 purse will be $175 / 3. Racers will not be able to double in purse.
- Great Swag: We will also have great swag prizes courtesy of our fantastic sponsors; Nuun Hydration, Clif Bar, Coover Caramels Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee and many more to be announced shortly.
RACE WEEKEND DETAILS:
- Where to stay: We have many options, however make your reservation ASAP! Details available at, http://georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com/what-to-do-in-georgetown/
- Food Truck Vendor: We will have a local favorite, Hello Sweetie BBQ on both days. All and his team will have breakfast, BBQ and vegetarian options available! https://www.facebook.com/HelloSweetieBBQ
- Fresh Coffee made by our friends at Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee.
- ClifBar family products will be onsite! Sample the latest ClifBar, Clif Kid and Luna Bars on Saturday & Sunday.
- CliBar Arts & Craft: ClifBar will have a station where you will be able to create your customize Clif Trucker hat. This event will be limited to the first 150 participants. It will start on Saturday, October 8th at 11am and will end when they exhaust all hats. Make sure to get their early.
- Beer Garden! All registered racers and their guest over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing beer by the Austin Cyclocorss Cup title sponsor, Rentsch Brewery which is 1.75 miles away from the race-site!!!
- Neutral Mechanic Onsite: Georgetown Cyclewerx will be onsite to support any mechanic needs to keep you on the race!
- All Junior Racers will be part of the Austin Cyclocross Cup Scholarship Program presented by Clif Kid Race for FREE! All races associated with our Austin Cyclocross Cup will subsidies, “free” entries to all junior/youth racers and will have a consistent schedule so that parents who also race can have a balance schedule and will be encouraged to bring their kiddos.
- Face Painters for all kids… & some adults! On Saturday, October 8th we will have face painter for kids between 10:00 am-12:00pm. Bring the Family!
- Sand toys at the Georgetown Cyclocross festival Beach: We will have our sand toys out for the kiddos to be artistic this year again!
- Bring the Family! Get your holiday shopping at the Downtown 2nd Saturday Market Celebration on October 8th. https://visit.georgetown.org/2nd-saturday-market-days/
- What to do in Georgetown during the race weekend? Lots of city attractions for all ages, https://visit.georgetown.org/attractions/
- Where to eat in Georgetown: Many locally owned diners, barbecue joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more at https://visit.georgetown.org/dining/.
- Safety First! Fully Staff EMS Station.