Save the date for the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Finale!
We are working hard to make sure the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Finale event, Georgetown Cyclocross Festival is one of the best events in a great state! It’s race weekend! As you may know, Georgetown Cyclocross Festival is part of the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series & it is a Texas Bicycle Racing Association (TXBRA) Elite Event.
We have our Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Category Standing after our second event, CX7s Austin Cyclocross Mud-Festival, take a look athttps://www.atxcxcup.com/resultsstandings and check out what position you’re in, get some training in and plan your attack!!! Categories winners will receive a custom 2015 ATXCXCup Champions cycling cap made by hand by our friend at Rothera Cycling.
Also, check the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Team Standing athttps://www.atxcxcup.com/team-standing. It is close between the BSS CX Team, 787 Team and the Cyclocross Project Kids! We still have lots of racing coming. Who will win the Team Championship?
All awards will be presented at our end of Austin Cyclocross Cup Series Celebration, “PARTY” on Thursday, November 19th at Bicycle World (formerly Jack & Adam’s.) on 300 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704 (512) 472-5646. We will have food, beverages and awesome door prizes from our great sponsors. More details will be posted soon.
Below are some important details for you to consider as you work on planning attending our event. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
- Date: November 14 & 15, 2015.
- Race Flyer: View Race Flyer
- Register: Register today at https://www.bikereg.com/gtcxfest
- Location: McMaster Athletic Complex in Georgetown, Texas 151 S Holly St, Georgetown, TX 78626.
- NEW! Prize Purse List (take a look). Thanks to a generous supporter, the prize purse for the Women’s Cat P/1/2/3 will see an increase to equal the men’s P/12/3, $750 for top 8 places! We will also have great swag prizes courtesy of our fantastic sponsors; High Brew Cold Coffee, Luna Bar, Nuun Hydration, Clif Bar, Coover Caramels Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee and many more to be announced shortly.
- Where to stay. Hotels in Georgetown just a few minutes away from the race-site, full list available at http://georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com/what-to-do-in-georgetown
- Course Details: ~1.75 mile course has everything to offer with Railroad tie run-up, 250 ft of Sand with Bleacher Seating for Spectator and much more!
RACE WEEKEND DETAILS:
- Food Truck Vendors: Wholly Kabob will returning this year again on both
- NEW. Fresh Coffee made by our friends at Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee.
- ClifBar family products will be onsite! Sample the latest ClifBar, Clif Kid and Luna Bars on Saturday & Sunday.
- Nuun Hydration will be available all day!
- Beer Garden! All registered racers over 21* will be able to enjoy refreshing beer from Austin Beerworks. Many thanks to Team $uper Awesome for the support!
- All Junior Racers will be part of the Austin Cyclocross Cup Scholarship Program presented by Clif Kid Race for FREE! All races associated with our Austin Cyclocross Cup will subsidies, “free” entries to all junior/youth racers and will have a consistent schedule so that parents who also race can have a balance schedule and will be encouraged to bring their kiddos.
- Athlete Recovery Lounge: We will have our friends from Athletic Outcomes onsite and at their tent you will get a taste of their athlete recovery lounge. Enjoy Recovery Pump compression boots and experience a great way to get your legs ready pre-race or feeling back to normal post-race. If your serious about performance, check out the Athletic Outcomes tent and try out their athlete lounge for free!
- Neutral Mechanic Onsite: Georgetown Cyclewerx will be onsite to support any mechanic needs to keep you on the race!
- NEW. Face Painters for all kids… & some adults! On Saturday, November 15th we will have face painter for kids between 10:00 am-12:00pm. Bring the Family!
- NEW. Photo Booth: On Saturday, November 15th we will have a photo booth onsite to document some great memories. You don’t want to miss this.
- Bring the Family! Get your holiday shopping at the Downtown 2nd Saturday Market Celebration. https://visit.georgetown.org/2nd-saturday-market-days/
- What to do in Georgetown during the race weekend? Lots of city attractions for all ages. https://visit.georgetown.org/attractions/
- Where to eat in Georgetown: Many locally owned diners, barbecue joints, or small town cafes for a leisurely lunch or dress to the nines for a taste of our four star cuisine. Learn more at https://visit.georgetown.org/dining/.
- Safety First! Fully Staff EMS Station.
For more information about our event go to http://georgetowncyclocrossfestival.com
or the Austin Cyclocross Cup Series website at www.atxcxcup.com
or email Rolando@TexasCXProject.org